Healthy Aging, Skills Competency Award (SCA)
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|HE 201||Introduction to Healthy Aging||3|
|HE 202||Health Promotion: Behavior Change Theories and Practice||3|
|HE 203||Health Promotion: Lifestyle Modifications and Preventative Health Care Strategies||3|
|HE 290||Work Experience in Healthy Aging||1-4|
- Formulate a plan that would promote healthy aging incorporating new data and guidelines on risk factors, nutrition, preventive measures an intervention presented in the course.
- Distinguish personal, social, and environmental factors and barriers influencing or impeding behavior change among older adults.
- Develop activities related to fitness, nutrition, stress management, and serenity according to evidence based health promotion practices across the care continuum for older adults.
- Identify and assess the aging process and physical changes on the human body and its level of function in relation to lifestyle modifications and preventative care strategies.
- Employ field site methods in Evidenced Based Health Promotion.