Marketing, Associate in Arts (AA)
|MKT 101||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|MKT 164||Online and Mobile Marketing||3|
|or MAT 164||Online and Mobile Marketing|
|MKT 203||Marketing Communications||3|
|MKT 205||Consumer Selling Strategies||3|
|MKT 215||Segmentation and Target Marketing||3|
|MKT/CIS 220||Introduction To Electronic Commerce||3|
|Select 6 units from the following:||6|
|Introduction to Computer Applications|
|Production II: Commercial Applications|
|Graphic Design I|
|Introduction to International Business|
|Digital Imaging I|
|Web Design I|
|Principles Of Customer Service|
or JOUR 135
Note: Each required course must be completed with a minimum grade of “C”.
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of both department and college requirements. These include:
- Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better or “P” in each course. Candidates for an Associate Degree are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Complete a general education option (Option 1: SBCC General Education and Institutional and Information Competency; Option 2: IGETC; Option 3: CSU GE Breadth). General Education options allowed for each Associate Degree program vary. Refer to http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/degrees_certificates.php for a list of General Education options for each SBCC Associate Degree program;
- Other graduation requirements as outlined on the Graduation Requirements page.
- Recognition and appreciation of diversity which exists in the discipline of Marketing.
- Understanding that market segmentation is present in local, regional, national, and global customer market recognition.
- Identifying that the fundamental basis of marketing is to create and implementation form, time, place, and ownership utility.
- Demonstration that risk and reward are present in all marketing product, price, distribution and promotion activities.
- Identifying that the marketing concept is present in all successful non-profit and profit making marketing activities in organizations.