Finance, Associate in Arts (AA)
For success in business, a liberal education is invaluable. Particularly important are communication (written, oral and behavioral), quantitative (mathematics and statistics), and computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and database management).
This program has been designed to equip the student with the specific techniques of business financial management—anticipation of cash needs, acquisition of financial resources, and allocation of cash in the company. Financial statement analysis, financing business activity, capital budgeting and working capital management are emphasized.
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
Complete all of the following:
- All Department Requirements listed below with a “C” or better or “P” in each course (at least 20% of the department requirements must be completed through SBCC).
- A minimum of 18 units of SBCC General Education Requirements (Areas A-D) and Institutional Requirements (Area E) and Information Competency Requirement (Area F)
- A total of 60 degree-applicable units (SBCC courses numbered 100 and higher).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all units attempted at SBCC.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better in all college units attempted.
- A total of 15 units through SBCC.
|ACCT 230||Financial Accounting 1||5|
|BLAW 101||Business Law||4|
|or BLAW 110||Legal Environment Of Business|
|FIN 101||Introduction To Finance And Banking||3|
|FIN 201||Investing: Securities Analysis||3|
|FIN 202||Managerial Finance||3|
|Select 16-21 units from the following: 2||16-21|
|Introduction To Cultural Anthropology|
or GEOG 102
or PHIL 102
|Comparative World Religions|
or PHIL 102H
|Comparative World Religions, Honors|
|Communication in Organizations|
or COMM 162
|Mediated Communication in Organizations|
and Physical Geography Laboratory 3
| Physical Geography|
and Physical Geography Laboratory
|Intermediate Algebra 4|
|Introduction to Ethics|
or PHIL 101H
|Introduction To Ethics, Honors|
|American Government: Policy Issues/Process|
|Work Experience In Business Administration|
ACCT 210 will also satisfy this requirement.
Required Support Courses may be double counted in applicable general education areas.
ERTH 141/141L are the same as GEOG 101/101L.
An assessment score higher than MATH 107 Intermediate Algebra will also satisfy this requirement.
Make an appointment with your SBCC academic counselor through Starfish to create a Student Education Plan that reflects a recommended course sequence for this program that is tailored to your individual needs.