Web Programming, Skills Competency Award (SCA)
Skills Competency Award Requirements
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or higher or "P" in each course. Candidates for a Skills Competency Award are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
|CIS 230 or CS 125 and CS 127 1||4-4.5|
|CS 111||HTML And Webmastering||3|
|CS 116||Web Server Programming||3|
|CS 120 1||3|
CIS 230, CS 120 and CS 125 are no longer offered at SBCC. Students pursuing the Skills Competency Award in Web Programming should consult with the Computer Science Department Chair, Dean Nevins, to arrange for appropriate course substitutions to fulfill these requirements.
- Write applets using the Java Language.
- Use the Java Abstract Windowing Toolkit to develop user interfaces.
- Write simple & advanced HTML.
- Understand XML technology and its applications.
- Write programs using the PERL language.
- Write programs using PHP and ASP.
- Connect simple databases to the web.
- Understand how Python & TCL can be used in web sites.
- Understand Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and their application.