Business Administration for Transfer, Associate in Science (AS-T)
The Business Administration program gives students general business knowledge in managerial controls, economics of business, human resources (personnel), labor relations, business risks, interaction of government and business law, production and distribution. They provide the foundations for areas of specialization, such as accounting, finance, or marketing management.
The Associate in Science Degree in Business for Transfer provides students with the foundational knowledge in business to make a successful transition to a Baccalaureate Degree in Business program at any of the CSU campuses.
Complete 60 CSU-transferable units including general education, major requirements and CSU-transferable electives as follows:
Complete one of the following patterns:
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum “IGETC” for CSU (34-40 semester units)
- California State University General Education Breadth pattern (39 semester units)
Complete 30-33 units as outlined below with a “C” or better in each course. Pass/No Pass grading is not permitted in a course within a student’s major area of study. The courses completed for the major may also be used to fulfill General Education areas on the IGETC or the CSU GE Breadth.
|Required Core Courses|
|ACCT 230||Financial Accounting||5|
|ACCT 240||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BLAW 101||Business Law||4|
|or BLAW 110||Legal Environment Of Business|
|ECON 101||Microeconomics 1||3|
|ECON 102||Macroeconomics 1||3|
|Select one course from the following:||4-5|
|Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences 1|
|Elementary Statistics 1|
|Elementary Statistics, Honors 1|
|Calculus for Biological Sciences, Social Sciences and Business I 1|
|Calculus with Analytic Geometry I 1|
|Select two courses from the following:||7-9|
Any courses not taken in List A
|Introduction to Computer Applications|
|Introduction To Business|
Complete as many units as needed to reach a total of 60 CSU-transferable units (for a list of SBCC transferable courses to CSU, visit www.assist.org).
Additional Graduation Requirements for AS-T in Business Administration:
- Maintain a cumulative CSU-transferable GPA of 2.0.
- Residency Requirements: Candidates for an Associate Degree are expected to complete 15 semester units in residence at SBCC. Candidates for an Associate Degree are also expected to complete at least 20% of the department major requirements in residence at SBCC.
The Associate Degree will be awarded upon completion of both department and college requirements. These include:
- Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better or “P” in each course. Candidates for an Associate Degree are required to complete at least 20% of the department requirements through SBCC.
- Complete a general education option (Option 1: SBCC General Education and Institutional and Information Competency; Option 2: IGETC; Option 3: CSU GE Breadth). General Education options allowed for each Associate Degree program vary. Refer to http://www.sbcc.edu/apply/degrees_certificates.php for a list of General Education options for each SBCC Associate Degree program;
- Other graduation requirements as outlined on the Graduation Requirements page.
- Meet the requirements for successful transfer to a UC/CSU program in Business Economics and/or Business Administration.
- Analyze the external environment of business as a means of assessing the threats and opportunities confronting businesses in the 21st century.
- Define, analyze and devise solutions for complex business problems and issues by using logical reasoning patterns.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of the legal and ethical issues confronting today’s contemporary organizations.