Bookkeeping, Skills Competency Award (SCA)
|ACCT 110||Introduction to Accounting||4|
|BUS 103||Business Mathematics||3|
|COMP 151AB||Beginning Computer Keyboarding||3|
|COMP 171||Business English||3|
Students must complete the above courses with a grade of “C” or higher or credit in all courses.
- Journalize basic business transactions for a sole proprietorship.
- Complete the closing process for a sole proprietorship at the end of an accounting period.
- Prepare the financial statements for a sole proprietorship including the income statement, statement of owner’s equity, and balance sheet.
- Prepare a bank reconciliation.
- Use a computer spreadsheet program for simple accounting applications.
- Demonstrate English fundamentals such as grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and word usage.
- Demonstrate correct computer keyboarding techniques using word processing programs.
- Use proper arithmetic techniques to solve business accounting problems.