Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, Level II, Department Award (D)
Complete all department requirements with a “C” or better in each course. A minimum of 6 units must be taken at SBCC.
|ACCT 110||Introduction to Accounting 1||4|
|ACCT 230||Financial Accounting 2||5|
|ACCT 240||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUS 103||Business Mathematics||3|
|CIS 101||Introduction to Computers and Information Systems||4|
|or COMP 101||Introduction to Computer Applications|
|COMP 151AB||Beginning Computer Keyboarding||3|
|COMP 171||Business English||3|
|COMP 271||Business Communications||3|
If two or more years have elapsed since ACCT 230 Financial Accounting was taken, the candidate must pass a proficiency and currency test to earn the Department Award.
Satisfactory completion of Level II earns Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper (Level II) Department Award and should enable holder to perform as an:
- Entry-level Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper, under supervision, for small partnerships or corporations; or
- Entry-level Accounting Clerk or Accounting Data Processor, under supervision, for medium or large proprietorships, partnerships or corporations; or
- Student of intermediate accounting, managerial accounting, cost accounting, fund accounting and/or tax accounting.
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to record common business transactions, to prepare simple financial statements, and to analyze the results of operations, cash flows, and financial position as reported.
- Calculate and explain the impact of alternate generally accepted accounting principles for financial ratio analysis, and for economic analysis.
- Use introductory managerial accounting concepts to make decisions within a business.
- Prepare financial reports and communiqués using standard Business English.